What Are Quartz Countertops Made Of?
The Benefits of Using Quartz Countertops in the Kitchen
These are the benefits of having quartz countertops for the kitchen.
1. It is durable – Because of its non-porous surface, quartz is more durable than other countertop materials thus making it less susceptible to damage and accidents. The only weakness of quartz is extremely high heat, but this can be prevented with trivets and hot pads.
2. Quartz is customizable – Since quartz countertops are only made up of 95% natural quartz, other materials can be mixed in to change their appearance. From color and pattern changes to even imitating other stones like granite. The resin also allows quartz to be more pliable than other stones, making it easier to shape and resize according to your needs.
3. Environment friendly – Some stones can only be found in certain places and would have to be transported to you after being quarried, consuming more time and energy. Quartz is engineered and can be produced locally with minimal transportation needed.
4. Convenient in terms of maintenance – Other stone materials would have to be resealed once a year to keep their look and prevent more stains and damages. Quartz only needs to be maintained with regular cleaning but will not need any resealing.
5. Anti-Microbial – The non-porous surface of quartz can prevent oils and other unwanted materials from seeping through the surface. This prevents stains and spots from appearing on the countertop.