Using quartz countertops for the kitchen has been a recent trend as an alternative for more expensive stones and other materials. Further developments also allowed quartz countertops to be more durable and lessen the need for maintenance compared to other materials.
What Are Quartz Countertops Made Of?
Quartz countertops are composed of 95% natural quartz and 5% polyester resin and other materials that determine their color and design. Because of this, it can also imitate other stones but with a more consistent and polished look that is sure to last longer. These materials are combined and then undergo different processes to produce a durable and non-porous countertop.
The Benefits of Using Quartz Countertops in the Kitchen
These are the benefits of having quartz countertops for the kitchen.
1. It is durable – Because of its non-porous surface, quartz is more durable than other countertop materials thus making it less susceptible to damage and accidents. The only weakness of quartz is extremely high heat, but this can be prevented with trivets and hot pads.
2. Quartz is customizable – Since quartz countertops are only made up of 95% natural quartz, other materials can be mixed in to change their appearance. From color and pattern changes to even imitating other stones like granite. The resin also allows quartz to be more pliable than other stones, making it easier to shape and resize according to your needs.
3. Environment friendly – Some stones can only be found in certain places and would have to be transported to you after being quarried, consuming more time and energy. Quartz is engineered and can be produced locally with minimal transportation needed.
4. Convenient in terms of maintenance – Other stone materials would have to be resealed once a year to keep their look and prevent more stains and damages. Quartz only needs to be maintained with regular cleaning but will not need any resealing.
5. Anti-Microbial – The non-porous surface of quartz can prevent oils and other unwanted materials from seeping through the surface. This prevents stains and spots from appearing on the countertop.
Contact Us for Quartz Countertop Installation in Winter Park, FL
Quartz countertops for the kitchen are some of the most popular options for homeowners these days. The elegance and durability of quartz make it ideal for most kitchens. For quartz countertop installation in Winter Park, Orlando, Windermere, Lake Mary, Clermont, and the surrounding areas, Stone World is the company to call. You may reach us at 407-341-4688 for a free quote.
My passion is the natural stone industry, and transforming living spaces with beauty and elegance.