A kitchen island is a very useful feature in the kitchen. Especially if you have a bit more space on your kitchen floor, you might be thinking about installing one already. However, it is best to know more about the pros and cons before making such a big decision. After all, a kitchen island is more often than not stable and built-in meaning it cannot be easily moved or removed. That’s why adding one to your home is an important decision to make.
A kitchen island is indeed very useful and functional. It offers several pros and benefits including the following:
- Additional countertop space
- More space to prepare ingredients and do other activities in the kitchen
- Can be used as a breakfast table
- Storage space since you can install cabinets or shelves underneath the kitchen island
- Beautiful and elegant feature for your home
- Adds to the overall value of your home
Just like many items around the home, there are some cons or disadvantages when it comes to kitchen islands including the following:
- It lessens the walking space especially you have a small kitchen area
- It will cost you money to install a kitchen island
Of course, the benefits mentioned above can only be achieved if you choose high-quality materials for your kitchen island. You can do just that when you work with Stone World! We can help build and install a beautiful and durable kitchen island for your home using granite, quartz, marble, quartzite or other stone materials of your choice. Our services are available in Orlando, Maitland, Longwood, Winter Park, Ocoee, Lake Mary, and nearby communities in Central Florida. Just call us at 407-341-4688 to schedule an appointment and to get a free quote.