Granite is one of the strongest and most materials you can use for your bathroom and kitchen countertops. It is beautiful, elegant, and lasts for a very long time with very little maintenance required. However, for its beauty and durability to last, granite sealing is necessary.
When granite countertops are newly installed, they look naturally beautiful no matter the color you choose. Granite offers many benefits too including the following:
- Naturally Durable
- Resists Scratches
- Resists Heat
- Resists Stains
- Easy to Clean and Maintain
- Plenty of Color Choices
Most of these benefits can be enjoyed with proper granite sealing. When you leave granite unsealed, it gets harder to clean and to keep it stain-free. There are sealants you can buy directly from stores for DIY granite sealing. More often than not, these sealants already come with instructions on how to use them. The instructions for different sealants are quite similar to each other. You need to follow the following steps:
- Clean the granite countertop with a mild cleaner and clean rag. Wait for the countertop to dry completely.
- Use a clean and dry cloth to apply the granite sealant. Make sure the cloth you use is lint-free. Do not miss any spot on your granite countertop.
- Let the first layer of sealant to dry completely before applying a second layer.
- Do not use your countertops for at least 24 hours after sealing.
The process seems simple right? You just have to be sure that you are using the right materials and the best kind of sealant. Better yet, to ensure that your granite countertops Orlando remain beautiful and durable through the years, get assistance from experts!
Call Stone World for professional granite sealing Orlando services. We are available in Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Lake Mary, Clermont, and surrounding areas. Our team of experts can also help you with granite countertop installation, maintenance, repairs, and more! You may reach us at 407-341-4688 for a free estimate.